Rubenstein is seeking a highly motivated Associate Vice President or Vice President to join our well established and recognized law firm practice group.
The AVP/VP will craft and implement public relations strategies and programs for clients in the legal and B2B space. The AVP/VP will lead media relations efforts and secure media opportunities for clients, while continuously cultivating effective relationships with legal, business, and trade media.
Clients include: law firms, practice areas (litigation, white collar, finance, M&A, real estate, bankruptcy, trade, employment, technology, IP, etc.), individual partners, law schools, and related professional service businesses.
- Craft and implement public relations strategies and programs for clients in the legal and B2B space; convey clients’ messages through a full range of earned and owned media
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials, as well as award submissions, articles and partner communications; create digital media strategies and develop content
- Lead media relations efforts and secure media opportunities for clients; pitch to media and generate client coverage across traditional and digital outlets on local and national levels; engage in both proactive and reactive media relations management, including breaking news opportunities and trend stories
- Continuously cultivate effective relationships with legal, business, and trade media
- Publicize legal cases, law firm hires, successes and pro bono work; position partners as industry experts to generate thought leadership opportunities and enhance brand visibility
- Engage with clients on a regular basis, including law firm marketing staff and marketing attorneys
- Contribute to the development and research of strategic communications plans and messaging for clients
- Motivate junior team members by reviewing work and providing prompt and constructive feedback
- Conduct interview prep and media training (as needed) for spokespeople in advance of interviews
- Participate in the new business process; sell ideas to prospects, clients and internal stakeholders; manage, retain, and organically grow clients
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national levels; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space; understanding of the intersection of traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Title will depend on experience; 7+ years prior work experience required (i.e., public relations, law, journalism, marketing, or corporate communications)
- PR agency experience, in-house law firm experience and/or or legal journalism preferred
- Developed industry expertise in the legal space is required with the versatility to work across multiple sectors
- College degree required – preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position