Rubenstein is seeking an Associate Vice President or Vice President, Corporate & Financial Services to develop and generate public relations strategies, programs and media presence across a range of clients, including: hedge funds, private equity and asset management firms, financial institutions and corporate governance-related issues.
A background in public relations in the financial services sector is required. Knowledge of the financial industry and the capital markets, with an understanding of a range of investment vehicles, is preferred.
- Craft and implement public relations strategies and programs for clients in the financial services space; convey clients’ messages through a full range of earned and owned media
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials; create digital media strategies and develop content
- Lead media relations efforts and secure media opportunities for clients; pitch to media and generate client coverage across traditional and digital outlets on local and national levels; engage in both proactive and reactive media relations management, including breaking news opportunities and trend stories
- Continuously cultivate effective relationships with relevant media outlets
- Contribute to the development and research of strategic communications plans and messaging for clients
- Motivate junior team members by reviewing work and providing prompt and constructive feedback
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients
- Participate in the new business process; sell ideas to prospects, clients and internal stakeholders; manage, retain, and organically grow clients
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Ability to understand complex financial issues and reports and articulate these into subjects of interest for the media, as well as demonstrated skill in handling C-suite issues and executive positioning
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national levels; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space; understanding of the intersection of traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Title will depend on experience; 7+ years prior work experience required (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or corporate communications)
- Direct publicity experience in the financial services sector is required
- Knowledge of the financial industry and the capital markets, with an understanding of a range of investment vehicles, is preferred
- College degree required – preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Corporate & Financial Services, Crisis
This is a full time position