Rubenstein is seeking a Senior Vice President or Executive Vice President, City / Nonprofit Practice.
The SVP or EVP will conceive, implement and counsel public relations strategies and programs for clients, and will provide broader strategic counseling by delving fully into the challenges and issues of client business. The SVP or EVP will be responsible for oversight of content creation, dissemination of press materials and managing media relationships while cultivating strategic media relationships. The SVP or EVP will be responsible for maintaining client health and supervision and development of staff. The SVP or EVP will actively engage in the cultivation and generation of new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Serve as trusted client advisor with full understanding of client’s business and needs
- Provide strategy and counsel for developing comprehensive public relations programs that can address complex issues
- Provide input to senior management on time, budgets, assignment and utilization of staff for client projects
- Lead, encourage, mentor, and develop staff members; provide guidance to team members on effective pitching, team issues, account workflow and general account issues
- Manage and delegate responsibilities of daily workflow of own accounts while driving consistent media results
- Work with account and business development teams to build incremental business opportunities
- Participate in external company promotion through such activities as articles, speeches, presentations and professional memberships to increase the firm's visibility in marketplace
- Deep understanding of city government, including but not limited to education, health care, veteran’s affairs, public safety, transportation, and housing
- Familiarity of non-profits and foundations a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Proven ability to use social media platforms to achieve client objectives and communication strategies
- Knowledge of land use is a plus
- Proven success in managing client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Develop and implement strategic communications programs
- Leverage an established network of industry and media contacts
- Utilize sector expertise to enhance client service
- Manage and develop employees
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Title will depend on experience; approximately 15+ years prior work experience required (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or corporate communications)
- College degree required, preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, Political Science or related field
- Developed sector and industry experience required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- Agency experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Civic & Nonprofit
This is a full time position