Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Account Coordinator to provide public relations support for account executives and account teams across the firm.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located out of our New York City office. This is an entry level opportunity.
The Account Coordinator will assist with media research and outreach, presentations, and project coordination; build media lists and databases; and compile client reports. Additionally, the Account Coordinator will respond to basic client and media requests. This role may also have writing, proofreading and pitching responsibilities.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
- Field inquiries from the media, coordinate projects, and develop briefing materials
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading communication materials (i.e., press releases, media advisories, and client correspondence)
- Provide support in researching, compiling and analyzing media coverage for clients (i.e., produce news clippings, organize media recap reports)
- Compile and summarize client PR activity through internal weekly and monthly reports
- Create and build media distribution lists for media outreach (i.e., Cision, Google)
- Distribute press releases and media advisories
- Follow up with media to verify contact information, pitch status
- Assist with event check-in, press pen, escorting talent and general needs of event staff
- Ensure that account managers are kept fully informed regarding activities of client plans
- Assist in pitching stories to the media, as needed
- Initiate new media relationships
- Stay current on industry trends, social media, and activities in assigned sectors
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative, curious, and energetic personality
- Knowledge and experience with different media-related digital platforms
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
- Prior internship experience preferred (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or communications)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position