Rubenstein is seeking an Executive Vice President, to manage and lead a team in counseling clients on highly complicated reputation matters and crisis response, develop and implement PR programs and generate media opportunities. This person will supervise several staff members, providing strategic counsel, guidance and leadership.
Rubenstein’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate concerns, business executives and public figures.
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships; earning trust and retaining client business following a crisis response.
- Provide senior level strategic counsel, and day-to-day management of client needs, specifically in the areas of crisis and reputation management.
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local and national level
- Counsel clients on integrated strategies that not only engage constituents and partners, but also drive affinity and positive sentiment.
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials.
- Supervision of several staff members, providing guidance and leadership on account workflow and client issues.
- Responsible for encouraging, mentoring, and developing staff members.
- Manage time and dollar budgets, staff assignment and utilization for client projects and teams under own management.
- Participate in networking events and thought leadership opportunities through speaking engagements and written content in order to grow agency visibility and reputation in the marketplace.
- Identify and assess new business leads; participate in new business development initiatives; may provide input to project scope and fee structure for new business proposals.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions and be able to confidently chart a course with high level CEOs or other C-Suite executives.
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast.
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space.
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different crisis purposes.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; proven ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors; ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Strong aptitude to thoughtfully counsel client to approach without executive leadership when necessary.
- Background in political or government relations on city, state, or federal level would be helpful to service a generalist mix of clients; understanding of the political nuances at intersection of media, government and client goals.
- Experience developing, managing and executing public affairs campaigns for corporate and non-profit clients on wide-ranging local, state, and national issues a plus.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Proven ability to generate agency revenue through organic growth and new business wins is a plus.
- Ability to lead and inspire staff.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 20+ years’ prior work experience; communications experience at a PR agency, government entity or in-house desirable, servicing a diverse client base preferred
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, a related field or in the liberal arts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position