Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking an innovative, creative, and solutions-oriented Senior Vice President, Digital Strategy (ORM & SEO) to be a key player in our multi-disciplinary digital team. This person will develop high level strategy and lead the implementation of online reputation management (ORM) campaigns and search engine optimization (SEO), as well as crisis communication and digital brand building initiatives, to meet client objectives.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located out of our New York City office.
- Own and develop the ORM and SEO program throughout RUBENSTEIN in collaboration with the digital and crisis communications teams
- Manage day-to-day client relationship and serve as client liaison on ORM, SEO, and digital public relations projects, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Champion Internet Marketing / Search strategies for RUBENSTEIN, mentor key digital strategists, and enable the organization to understand the value of Search for PR clients
- Own and develop the framework of how the ORM / SEO program directly contributes to RUBENSTEIN, including reporting on the overall performance of ORM / SEO over time, and drawing actionable insights to further improve growth
- Develop new business opportunities in service of growing the practice over time, inclusive of client origination, proposal development, and pitching
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of the firm’s c-suite level clients
- Set up and provide ongoing reports for Online Reputation Management projects to track the progress of brands and individuals
- Think independently to create new ideas and concepts for clients that drive results in support of strategic goals and objectives, on-time and on budget
- Work cross-agency with internal teams to develop strategic digital recommendations that help accomplish client objectives and drive results
- Ensure seamless integration with other agency partners and across project scope of work; liaise with outside vendors
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven, well-rounded SEO specialist with expert knowledge of ORM / SEO methodologies, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
- Expert knowledge of SEO tools including: Google Search Console, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills & proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Tableau a plus
- Effective client relations skills; ability to manage client relationships, presentations and offer strategic counsel
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications
- Excellent interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated expertise and affinity for digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Strong editorial judgement, with an eye for audience stewardship and lifting valuable messages to the surface of user awareness
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learning to improve
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 10 – 15 years of experience in an ORM / SEO / Search Marketing / Digital Strategy role
- Work experience in Online Reputation Management is required
- Prior experience in an agency setting (public relations or digital marketing) is preferred
- College degree preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position