Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Vice President, Corporate & Financial Services to provide strategic counsel and media relations across a range of financial services and corporate clients, including: hedge funds, private equity, venture capital and other investment management firms, financial institutions, banks and other corporates.
A background in public relations in the financial services sector is required. Working knowledge of the capital markets and the investment industry is preferred, as is the desire to work in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located out of our New York City office.
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with financial and mainstream business news outlets on the local and national level
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials; draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives for press interviews
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, analyses and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Conversant in current breaking news both nationally and globally, particularly in business and finance
- Ability to understand complex financial issues, data and research and articulate these into subjects of interest for the media, as well as demonstrated skill in handling C-suite issues and executive positioning
- Strong relationships with financial media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Facility with Bloomberg terminal a plus.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 – 10 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team preferred
- Direct publicity experience in the financial services sector is required
- Knowledge of the financial industry and the capital markets, with an understanding of a range of investment strategies, is preferred
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or Business is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Corporate & Financial Services, Crisis
This is a full time position