Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Account Executive, Corporate & Financial Services to execute public relations and media relations strategies across a range of clients, including: hedge funds, private equity and asset management firms, financial institutions and corporate governance-related issues.
A background in public relations in the financial services sector is required. Knowledge of the financial industry and the capital markets, with an understanding of a range of investment vehicles, is preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located out of our New York City office.
- Take the lead on client projects with supervision; maintain daily client interaction to update, report, and discuss account activity and to manage expectations concerning media opportunities
- Initiate the creative process of formulating pitch ideas and story angles; participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media, particularly across mainstream financial news outlets and trade media
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results
- Develop, edit and review press releases, pitches, recaps, clipbooks and other media materials and internal documents
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Oversee research, media monitoring and analysis
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; ensure that managers are kept fully informed regarding activities and client plans
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with the ability to craft press releases, media pitches, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications, particularly in the business and financial sections
- Ability to understand complex financial issues and reports and articulate these into subjects of interest for the media
- Ability to forge relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Bloomberg Terminal certification is a plus
- 3 – 5 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team preferred
- Direct publicity experience in the financial services sector is required
- Knowledge of the financial industry and the capital markets, with an understanding of a range of investment vehicles, is preferred
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Corporate & Financial Services, Crisis
This is a full time position