Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Vice President, Public Relations for our City Practice, to provide strategic communications counsel and media relations to a variety of clients, and build and execute sophisticated public relations strategies and programs for them.
RUBENSTEIN’s City Practice handles communications for clients in the corporate, health, education, culture, tech and non-profit sectors.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located within our New York City office.
- Craft, manage, and implement innovative public relations programs for clients; convey clients’ stories and key messages through a full range of media outreach
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Provide strategy and counsel for developing comprehensive public relations programs that can address complex issues, including reputation and crisis management campaigns; contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Lead media relations efforts and secure media opportunities for clients, generating client coverage across traditional and digital outlets on local and national levels; engage in both proactive and reactive media relations management, including leveraging breaking news opportunities and trend stories
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans, communication materials, and digital content as necessary; draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives for press interviews
- Assist in planning and overseeing the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing logistics, staffing and managing press
- Ensure that all team actions remain in synergy and all projects are delivered on-time and within scope at the highest quality
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
- Work with account and business development teams to build incremental business opportunities
- Participate in pre-approved external company promotion through activities such as speeches, presentations and professional memberships to increase the firm's visibility in marketplace
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Deep understanding of the issues connected to cities, including but not limited to education, health care, technology, transportation, and housing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; focused on team success and collaboration
- Agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic communications programs; proven success in managing client relationships
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met; diligent and organized with proven, high-level project management capability
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Experience utilizing social media platforms to achieve client objectives; understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast; curious and willing to learn about new topics, and ability to develop new media relationships in a variety of fields
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, analyses and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Conversant in current breaking news both nationally and globally
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 – 10 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team, servicing a diverse client base, is preferred
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- College degree preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
Department: Civic & Nonprofit
This is a full time position