Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Vice President, Public Relations Generalist to provide strategic counsel and media relations for a variety of clients across multiple sectors including, but not limited to, non-profit, cultural institutions, sports, science, and high-profile events.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located within our New York City office.
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local and national level
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact, where appropriate, continually fostering client-agency relationship, building trust, and anticipating and addressing client needs
- Write creative and effective press materials, campaign plans and communication materials; draft messaging and talking points for senior management presentations, including preparing executives and talent for press interviews
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with regional and national publications; secure executive placement on prestigious industry panels and seminars
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Assist in planning and overseeing the coordination of large-scale media events, including organizing logistics, staffing and managing press
- Oversee content creation on social media and the distribution of press materials across platforms
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; actively mentor an array of junior staff and guide their ability to meet deadlines, enhance skills and cultivate media relationships
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with documented ability to craft press releases, media pitches, in-depth PR plans, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Diligent and organized with proven, high-level project management capability
- Ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Strong relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- 8 – 10 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency, government entity or in-house desirable, servicing a diverse client base preferred
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- Interest and industry expertise within the science, mental health, and health care / public health sectors helpful
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position