Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a versatile and motivated Senior Account Executive, Research & Brand Messaging. This role is focused on research, strategy, messaging, and message-driven content in a fast-paced, complex environment across all sectors for a diverse range of clients.
The ideal candidate can quickly understand a variety of subjects and excels at conducting interdisciplinary research and synthesizing insights into clear and succinct analysis. They are highly organized, with a skill for systematizing large amounts of information to streamline workflows and promote collaboration. They are also a versatile writer who can flexibly adapt style and tone for different formats (from research reports to media and social media content), all the while sustaining the uniformity of core messages to help build our clients’ brands. This position is a unique opportunity for the right person coming out of comms/PR, marketing, research, consulting, or a branding/creative agency setting—or someone looking to transition from a government, policy, academic or not-for-profit setting into a corporate role.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes global corporations, financial services firms, technology companies, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, media and entertainment companies, business executives and public figures.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently remote, and will eventually be located out of New York.
- Utilize basic research, critical thinking, and industry-standard tools to conduct brand, sector and competitor analysis; analyze industry reports, data, and trends; audit digital channels; and support efforts to optimize project performance through data-driven insights.
- Streamline processes and help create systems to capture and organize large amounts of information in ways that are user-friendly.
- Synthesize research into clear and meaningful insights that inform client reports and team strategy.
- Distill insights into simple, clear, and succinct messages that communicate the essence of our clients’ brands and project their greater purpose to different audiences.
- Collaborate with team members to create and edit message-driven content that advances core ideas in a variety of formats
- Present information in various formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Help cultivate constructive working relationships across all our internal teams.
- Participate in kick-off, strategy, solution, recovery and debrief meetings for client projects.
- Review and edit content for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting.
- Keep up-to-date with our clients’ business categories and proactively suggest new campaigns.
- Research prospective clients, competitors, tech media and current client strategies to identify new opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Intellectually curious and fearless in pushing for clarity and detail when needed.
- Finely tuned ability to present ideas clearly, compellingly, and simply; can join a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items
- Quickly grasps specialist knowledge and then makes it clear for external parties; can synthesize information from various sources into logical insights and clear formats
- Highly collaborative team player who appreciates the iterative process of honing ideas and content, and is dedicated to producing high-quality work
- Adapts to new writing styles on a variety of diverse topics
- Demonstrated skill and discretion in handling C-suite issues and executive positioning
- Understanding of public relations and familiarity with designing public relations / communications strategies, campaigns, programs, and content; keen understanding of the difference between strategy and tactics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures; can fluidly pivot to address pressing matters at a moment’s notice
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications; up-to-date on current events and emerging digital trends
- Professional, executive presence with strong communications and presentation skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5 – 7 years of research and writing experience in strategic communications, public relations, marketing, and/or branding, demonstrating a range of styles and formats, is required
- Experience distilling insights and turning them into creative concepts is required
- Prior experience in an agency setting (public relations, branding, professional services) is preferred
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Marketing, Business, Research, English, Liberal Arts, or a related field is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position