Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Associate Vice President, Accounting Manager within the Finance and Accounting department, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is an integral role within a fast-paced, complex environment, working closely with the team to address a broad spectrum of finance and accounting matters.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes global corporations, financial services firms, technology companies, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, media and entertainment companies, business executives and public figures.
Please Note: We are transitioning into a hybrid workplace model in the fall with designated on-site and remote workdays. Employees must be within commuting distance and must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
By leveraging strong accounting, auditing, systems and analytical skills, the AVP, Accounting Manager will help facilitate the day-to-day affairs of the accounting department, and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the company's accounting policies and procedures, as well as the maintenance of its fiscal records.
- Provide RUBENSTEIN senior management with accurate and meaningful financial information utilized in helping to define and achieve short and long term business strategies.
- Maintain the company's system of accounts and keep the books and records on all company transactions and assets, while continuously enhancing the existing internal control environment.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate fashion in accordance with organizational policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee and review all aspects of the billing, collections, accounts payable and payroll functions. Train, supervise, mentor and cross train staff as appropriate.
- Develop and implement process improvements, including automation of accounting processes, systems and financial reporting. Ensure full utilization of accounting, payroll and 401K software tools. Document policies and procedures accordingly.
- Prepare and audit semi-monthly payroll in collaboration with Human Resources team member, record payroll entries, submit files for 401K / HSA contributions, and coordinate all related funding requirements.
- Analyze income statement activity and key balance sheet accounts; reconcile books and records to the general ledger. Maintain fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Complete all bank reconciliations, including researching and resolving reconciling items.
- Perform month end cash conversion process, record standard month end close entries, and maintain integrity of financial statements within Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Prepare monthly financial close package, including required financial statements, supporting schedules and analysis.
- Serve as key liaison with external accounting firm in regards to quarterly financial reviews and accounting issues. Prepare schedules for corporate tax returns and remit estimated taxes. Monitor legislative and regulatory updates to help ensure company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Support certain 401K administration duties. Work with CFO to ensure timely completion of annual audit and filing of Form 5500.
- Serve as primary point of contact with customer service representatives from financial institutions.
- Prepare certain required government surveys, questionnaires and filings.
- Provide forecasting, financial modeling, and support for special projects, as required.
- Serve as a backup for Billing, Collections, and Accounts Payable, as required.
- Continuously cultivate constructive working relationships across all internal teams.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated skill and discretion in handling all highly sensitive Finance and Accounting matters
- Demonstrated expertise with day-to-day tools and programs, including Microsoft Excel and accounting software packages, is required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus
- Finely tuned ability to present ideas clearly, compellingly, and simply; can join a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures; can fluidly pivot to address pressing matters at a moment’s notice
- Professional, executive presence with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 – 10 years of financial accounting experience, in a corporate or agency setting, is required
- Strong accounting and / or auditing experience in a professional services environment is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; CPA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting software packages is required (Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus)
- Supervisory experience is highly desired
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.