Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN seeks a talented, motivated and dynamic Account Executive, Public Relations Generalist, to execute public relations and media relations strategies across a range of clients across multiple sectors.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes; global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
Please Note: We are transitioning into a hybrid workplace model in the fall with designated on-site and remote workdays. Employees must be within commuting distance and must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
- Take the lead on client projects with supervision; maintain daily client interaction to update, report, and discuss account activity and to manage expectations concerning media opportunities
- Initiate the creative process of formulating pitch ideas and story angles; participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media
- Pitch to media and execute long-range communications strategies that raise the profile of the client and its executives, securing coverage with local, regional and national publications
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results
- Develop, edit, and review press releases, pitches, recaps, clipbooks and other media materials and internal documents
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Oversee research, media monitoring and analysis
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; ensure that managers are kept fully informed regarding activities and client plans
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with the ability to craft press releases, media pitches, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications
- Ability to understand complex issues and reports and articulate these into subjects of interest for the media
- Ability to forge relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Strong communications and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 – 5 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team, servicing a diverse client base, preferred
- Developed sector and industry expertise required with versatility to work across multiple sectors
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
This is a full time position