Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist to provide financial and administrative support in order to ensure timely, efficient and accurate billing and collections processes. This position will report to the Senior Accountant within the Finance and Accounting Department, and will also work in close partnership with the VP of Operations & Finance and the Chief Financial Officer.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes global corporations, financial services firms, technology companies, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, media and entertainment companies, business executives and public figures.
- Ensure all client billings are sent out on a timely basis in accordance with set schedule and including appropriate supporting documentation for reimbursable expenses; analyze unbilled expense reports, compile information from client files, and prepare drafts for Senior Management to review prior to sending out the final invoices
- Maintain client flies in digital format
- Set up billing schedule in accounting system for new clients
- Process and post cash receipts; apply all payments to accounts receivable sub-ledger; make necessary adjustments in accounting system
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant, VP of Operations & Finance and CFO to ensure shared and up-to-date understanding of all accounts receivable
- Research outstanding payments; use established collections procedures to follow up on all outstanding payments
- Daily review of collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectable to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad-debt status to account; recommend write-offs, as appropriate
- Work closely with division heads to ensure collection guidelines are adhered to and issues quickly resolved
- Produce aging accounts receivable reports for distribution
- Reconcile accounts receivable aging to the general ledger for month-end and year-end close
- Compile data, conduct statistical and analytical studies of billing volume, dollars billed, payments received, bills outstanding, cash and revenue fluctuations, and preparing regular and special reports for review in planning and evaluating department objectives
- Field and resolve day to day requests from team leads, AE’s and clients
- Assist in the creation and implementation of process improvements and efficiencies; shift away from paper-based files to electronic billing and record keeping
- Cross train for accounts payable, expense report, and management reporting process
- Assist on special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interact and communicate with diverse group of people and audiences at all levels, including the c-suite, in written and oral presentation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures; can fluidly pivot to address pressing matters at a moment’s notice
- Demonstrated customer service orientation, including responsiveness and prompt follow-through
- Strong analytical skills, resourcefulness, and the capacity for problem solving
- Strong team orientation; ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Full proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, including mastery of Microsoft Excel, is required
- Full proficiency in accounting software packages is required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL, specifically, is a plus
- Possess the capacity for discretion and the utmost respect for confidentiality
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required; concentration in accounting and/or finance preferred, and/or the equivalent combination of training and experience which indicates the ability to do the job
- 2+ years of responsibilities in billing and collections required
- Prior experience leading or assisting with the implementation of new technologies and/or processes is a plus
WORKPLACE | COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Workplace: We have transitioned into a hybrid workplace model with designated on-site and remote workdays. Our schedule is Monday and Friday from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the office. Staffers are required to be within commuting distance of our office on remote/flexible days.
COVID-19: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and business or organizational needs. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus not included in this pay range.
Benefits and Perks: We offer a competitive benefits package, including (but not limited to): 401K plan with 4% company match, commuter benefits, medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA with company funding, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, facilities for a nursing parent, programming from our internal DEIA Council, professional development and education programs, entertainment discounts, team outings, and much more.
DISCLAIMER | EOE | COMPANY INFO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity – EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO. We are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which all people are included, nurtured, and valued, and their unique perspectives support and amplify the work we do for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.rubenstein.com.
This is a full time position