Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Senior Account Executive to develop and execute public relations and media relations strategies for a variety of clients in our well established and recognized legal practice group.
Clients include: law firms, practice areas (litigation, white collar, finance, M&A, Private Equity, real estate, bankruptcy, trade, employment, technology, IP, etc.), individual partners, law schools, and related professional service businesses.
- Take the lead on client projects with increasing levels of autonomy and accountability; maintain daily client interaction to update, report, and discuss account activity and to manage expectations concerning media opportunities
- Initiate the creative process of formulating pitch ideas and story angles; participate in brainstorming sessions to develop broader strategic initiatives for clients
- Cultivate, establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of national, local and trade media, particularly across legal and business
- Proactively pitch stories ideas/interviews to trade, business and general media, both print, broadcast and digital; publicize litigation wins and deal announcements, law firm hires, successes and pro bono work
- Manage daily workflow of multiple accounts while driving consistent media results; convey clients’ key messages through a full range of earned and owned media
- Develop, edit and review press releases, pitches, recaps, clipbooks and other media materials and internal documents
- Contend with and navigate highly confidential, sensitive information and issues on behalf of clients
- Develop and execute strategic media plans (i.e., business goals, key messaging, media opportunities, tactics, media relations)
- Oversee research, media monitoring and analysis
- Nimbly work well within a collaborative team account structure; ensure that managers are kept fully informed regarding activities and client plans
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent, demonstrated writing and analytical skills, with the ability to craft press releases, media pitches, and strategic communications materials (AP Style knowledge a plus)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills with the ability to quickly digest / understand complicated matters and help boil them down to key messages / actions
- Conversant in current breaking news issues detailed in national publications, particularly in the business section
- Ability to understand complex legal language, issues and reports, and articulate these into subjects of interest for the media
- Ability to forge relationships with media outlets on local and national level; proven record in delivering PR results across print, online and broadcast
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and audiences; agility and versatility to stretch across client sectors, and the ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Understanding of the intersection between traditional and social media and how different outlets can serve different purposes
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for social media / digital tools and platforms, and the eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to think critically, creatively and develop new and interesting ideas
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail while ensuring deadlines are met
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools such as PowerPoint, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4 – 6 years of client and media relations experience at a PR agency, or on an in-house communications team at a law firm, is preferred
- Direct publicity experience in the legal space is required with the versatility to work across multiple sectors
- Experience as a journalist, while not essential, is valued
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
Workplace: We have transitioned into a hybrid workplace model with designated on-site and remote workdays. Our schedule is Monday and Friday from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the office. Staffers are required to be within commuting distance of our office on remote/flexible days.
COVID-19: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Compensation: $65,000 - $80,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and business or organizational needs. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus not included in this pay range.
Benefits and Perks: We offer a competitive benefits package, including (but not limited to): 401K plan with 4% company match, commuter benefits, medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA with company funding, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, facilities for a nursing parent, programming from our internal DEIA Council, professional development and education programs, entertainment discounts, team outings, and much more.
DISCLAIMER | EOE | COMPANY INFO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity – EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO. We are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which all people are included, nurtured, and valued, and their unique perspectives support and amplify the work we do for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.rubenstein.com.
This is a full time position