The Buyer will report directly to the VP of Supply Chain. This individual will communicate effectively with suppliers to obtains the best prices for quality product and that it is delivered on time. This individual will also be responsible for purchasing raw materials and components.
- Procures Raw Materials and Components in a timely manner to ensure delivery prior to scheduled production date, with emphasis on meeting target prices, quality, and quantity, availability, and delivery.
- Maintains clear communication with suppliers, obtaining and bench-marking prices, including managing development of new suppliers and materials.
- Manages supply levels based on immediate demand, forecasting quantities and material lead times.
- Enters and issues purchase orders to vendors, communicates daily with suppliers to manage on-time delivery of open orders, and works directly with multiple departments (R&D, Operations, Customer Service, Receiving and Accounting).
- Identifies and negotiates contracts, pricing, payment terms, and cost savings opportunities.
- Analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff.
- Develops and establishes new sources of raw materials and components to secure the most favorable terms/conditions.
- Establishes blanket purchase agreements with suppliers on items with special requirements and limitations.
- Maintains and updates records on pricing and ordering of materials.
- Prepares reports analysis and recommendations to increase operational efficiencies.
- Assists in Supplier evaluations.
- Supports Sales/Customer Service teams.
- Interfaces with other departments in coming up with cost effective benefits for logistics, pricing and production.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in material/component procurement/planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills - Intermediate to advance level in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), ERP systems, including learn reporting tools.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental (company pays 75% of employees HMO plans)
- Discounted Vision
- 401k match up to 3% of your annual salary
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
Robinson Pharma is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Robinson Pharma takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
Robinson Pharma, Inc will conduct a background check by using a third-party vendor to conduct such background investigations. After acceptance of an offer, you will be asked to complete and deliver authorization, consent and release of all background information. Employment will be 'at-will' and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice by either party in writing.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Robinson Pharma, Inc