Location: Manchester, NH or Indianapolis, IN Type: Full-time, Exempt Experience: Mid-Level (2+ years)
About SilverTech, Inc.
SilverTech is a growing digital agency with offices located in Manchester, NH and Indianapolis, IN. Originally founded in 1996, our team has grown to over seventy crew members made up of web and digital experts! We pride ourselves on helping our clients realize their full potential on the web, but it’s our culture that really sets us apart. Not only are we driven to innovate, but also to collaborate, ideate, and of course, celebrate. We believe in Real Tech and Real People to drive Real Results for our clients. We also provide a competitive benefits package and other awesome perks. Ready to change the game with us?
About the Role:
The Systems Administrator II will be part of a team responsible for the maintenance and administration of the agency’s internal IT infrastructure as well as our client website hosting infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a fast-thinking, problem solver that thrives in a fast paced environment. The Systems Administrator II will be a part of new technology decisions that will ensure the security of the agency’s intellectual property. The Systems Administrator II will provide a high level of customer service at all times.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the day to day operations of our internal and external infrastructure by monitoring system / network performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance / security of mission critical infrastructure resources both locally as well as in our Azure and AWS infrastructure.
- Establish guidelines for the management of operating systems, storage, firewalls, switches, and other components.
- Help perform operating system updates and patches as required to keep the infrastructure secure.
- Help develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized access.
- Help develop procedures and documentation for the backup and restoration of internal servers and resources.
- Assist with maintaining the agency’s network, including the physical wiring and network devices such as firewalls, switches, and access points.
- Monitor and maintain on-site and off-site server backups.
- Testing and installing operating system and application updates, including updates released by Microsoft.
- Assist with the management of online services such as Microsoft Office 365.
- Stays current with the advances in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the agency to take advantage of new technology.
- This role may also perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server and Office 365
- Proficiency with network firewalls and security
- Ability to learn new concepts in Information Technology system administration
- Proven success in driving for results in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems through a thoughtful, detail-oriented approach
- Must be a team player and possess strong communication skills
- Experience with DNS, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS a plus.
Why work with us:
- Competitive health packages, 401k + 4% match, flexible schedules, paid time off for rest and relaxation, casual dress code and more.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, and innovative environment.
- Work with cutting-edge technology.
- Regular crew events, outings, and more.
- We believe in career growth! We will help you achieve your goals through continuous professional development and regular career progressions.
- Scrappy: Our clients experience unexpectedly fun, yet innovative problem solving.
- Show Up: We are intentionally there for each other, the agency and our clients. Our clients experience commitment, caring and confidence.
- Straight Talk: We communicate with clarity and we follow through on our promise.
- Sweat the Small Stuff: We give special attention to every detail from our code to our conference rooms. Clients experience quality reflected at every touch point and every interaction.
SilverTech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We participate in E-Verify for all employees - This Employer will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use e-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9.
This is a full time position