Whether you build buildings or business strategies, write proposals, lead projects or crunch numbers, there’s a career for you at Sellen. We think Seattle is a great place to work and live and we see a future Seattle that’s diverse and thriving. That’s why we’re a part of building really cool spaces where people work, learn, and live - and is why we show up for our community by leading, doing, and giving back.
We’ve got roots in this town (75 years!), we belong here, and we’d like to count you in!
We have a career opening in our Project Management department for a Project Manager, and you are invited to apply.
Our PMs demonstrate Sellen’s brand and values by leading people to collaborate and drive projects to successful completion. The Project Manager will provide leadership and accountability for successful project delivery specifically focusing on Sellen’s projects. This includes management and oversight for all phases of the medical projects from response to a client’s RFP through preconstruction, construction, handover, closeout, and building operations as well as the project team. The PM ensures that contract documents are adhered to, that work is on schedule and within budget, and that the project is brought to satisfactory completion.
A day in the life of out Project Managers:
- Focus on partnerships and projects with Sellen’s clients.
- Lead the project team and take initiative in managing information, establishing expectations, and maintaining quality and cost effectiveness for the overall project.
- Foster strong a strong collaborative team environment and be a resource for valuing and promoting collaboration.
- Establish and communicate across the project team the expectations and accountability necessary for project success.
- Deliver timely and effective communication with clients and architects on project status and address questions and plan modifications and provide cost status summaries, preconstruction schedules, and procurement schedule as required.
- Provide management oversight for all phases of multiple construction projects, including project safety, staffing and aligning the required resources, ensuring that contract documents are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Our Ideal candidate has expert knowledge of commercial construction methods, processes and management practices; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; good communication skills; and be organized, efficient and responsive to the needs of internal and external clients alike. The right candidate will be well versed in maintaining a Tight Job Control Program and will have demonstrated ability to work effectively with owners, subcontractors, superintendents, and safety personnel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in construction management working directly on projects and several years of specifically project management of medical projects.
- Experience with healthcare, biotech, and high-rise office a definite plus.
- Strong planning skills, negotiation skills, and the ability to collaboratively lead teams.
Sellen Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k) match, insurance benefits, PTO, VTO and a bonus pay program. To learn more about the culture at Sellen, please visit our website at sellen.com.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs