Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
Cordant Health Solutions has an immediate opening for Full Time Laboratory Specimen Processor to join our lab team in Huntington, NY. This position is responsible for receiving test samples in the Laboratory and processing them according to our guidelines. In this role you will input data from the specimen accompanying documentation into the LIMS system. This is a great opportunity for new college grads who are interested in building a career in the sciences. We look for enthusiastic team-players who want to be part of a growing organization doing meaningful work nationwide.
The schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday from 9am - 5:30pm. This is an entry level position, and starting pay is $14/hr.
- Documentation and verification of samples and accompanying paperwork
- Processing samples for testing
- Storing samples for retrieval
- Maintaining department cleanliness and safety Adherence to established Quality Control policies and guidelines
- Verify that all required information is presented for entry.
- Responsible to maintain all safe guards as it pertains to Protected health information (PHI)
- Comply with established policies and procedures, objectives, safety, environmental and laboratory control standards.
- Participate in safety training, annual compliance training and any other additional trainings required or assigned.
- Complete additional tasks and assignments as assigned by your supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, required
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, the physical sciences, or mathematics, highly preferred
- Assistance with obtaining Toxicology licensure in New York State may be provided for employees meeting eligibility requirements
- Experience with Specimen processing is preferred
- Experience in fast paced production environment, highly preferred
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems software (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent organization skills and extensive attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written instructions
- Sound technical ability.
- Should be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, able to thrive a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate with varying levels of management
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability for strong time management
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated technical expertise
- Strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all levels within the organization and handle matters professionally.
- Ability to perform job functions independently, prioritizes multiple tasks, and complete work accurately within short deadlines.
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record, or predisposing genetic characteristics.
Department: Laboratory Services (Facility)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs