The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance has an opening for a regional business consultant working with companies in Northeast Oklahoma (Kay, Garfield, Noble, Payne, Pawnee, Osage, Creek, Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, Mayes, Delaware, Ottawa, Craig and Nowata counties).
Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance
The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is a nonprofit organization that is part of the MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) national network. We work as business consultants serving the manufacturing community of Oklahoma through our statewide network of manufacturing extension agents and application engineers. Our services are designed to improve manufacturing companies in the areas of strategy, structure, processes, tools and methods, metrics, and people.
The Regional Business Consultant’s Role:
The primary role of the RBC (Regional Business Consultant) is to prospect manufacturing companies and engage with them to conduct a Business Excellence assessment. This role is responsible for working with the Manufacturing Alliance team to analyze the results of the assessment, facilitate a meeting with the client to deliver the assessment results, write a SOW (Scope of Work) resulting in a delivery of services that drive economic impact and jobs retained or created.
Essential Accountabilities and Responsibilities (percentage of total time):
Prospecting/Client Sales (pre-contract) – 40%
Prospect, and convert sales to contract by working with manufacturing companies in the geographical region that the Regional Business Consultant serves. Conduct Business Excellence Assessment in partnership with the Business Development Manager and the Manufacturing Extension Agent. Work with the Business Development Manager to conduct Business Excellence Assessment public events and workshops and provide follow up activities.
Account Management (post-contract) – 40%
Manage contracts to ensure that proposals, projects, deliverables and project impact are executed per the contract scope of work.
Integration with Manufacturing Extension Agents, Business Development Manager and Manufacturing Specialist – 10%
Accountable to ensure a partnership is maintained between the Regional Manufacturing Extension Agent and the Manufacturing Specialist resources to manage the client account because of the scope of work engagement.
Continuous Learning – 5%
Accountable to partner with direct manager to create and maintain a personal and professional development plan.
Administrative Documentation – 5%
Ensure all reporting and client tracking is completed to ensure compliance with Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance policies and procedures.
- Minimum of ten years of Relationship Sales/Account Management with Manufacturing Experience, including the following experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong business acumen is required with a background in manufacturing is preferred
- Excellent communication and people skills are a must
- Ideal candidate will have high self-awareness and willingness to be coached
- Willingness to follow a sales process is required
- This role schedules appointments with owners, C-level, presidents and executives
- Must have experience in the development of client accounts
- Must be a brand ambassador of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance
- Must be highly organized and accountable for own time management
- Must be self-managed and driven to achieve measurable results and work remotely
- Must be hands on with a high level of drive, energy, and integrity
- Must be willing to travel in central Oklahoma (approximately a 50-mile radius)