Straughan Environmental, Inc. is a successful, rapidly growing, woman owned business that provides high quality and cost effective consulting services to a wide variety of clients in the governmental and private sectors. Straughan is committed to sustainable design. We are experts in environmental planning, design, assessments and policy. Our staff consists of wildlife and wetland scientists; geomorphologists and hydrologists; civil and environmental engineers; inspectors; biologists and botanists; planners; cultural resource specialists; and GIS and CAD professionals. This combination of technical expertise and an understanding of policy make Straughan a highly competitive firm and a great place to advance your career.
Straughan is currently seeking a full-time construction inspector for a streetscape project in the District of Columbia. The ideal candidate should have an interest in and understanding of construction processes and environmental issues and practices.
- 5-10 years of construction inspection experience in the transportation sector
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Experience overseeing temporary traffic control work zones
- Experience maintaining inspection records including quantities of materials, quality of work, materials, equipment, and labor
- Ability to interpret design intent on civil engineering plans and specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and co-workers
- ACI Certified Field Testing Technician – Level I
- Valid Driver’s License
- General Experience with Streetscape Issues and Practices
- Experience with Urban Roadway Projects
- Experience with Stormwater Management and Storm Drainage devices
- Experience with Project Documentation
- A Proven Track Record of Working with Construction Contractors and Governmental Agencies
- Certifications: Maintenance of Traffic, Sediment Control Inspection, MARTCP certifications
- Scheduling and Cost Estimating Experience
Our Culture | Our People
Straughan has been selected as one of The Baltimore Sun’s Top Workplaces for the past five consecutive years, and we are committed to providing an engaging workplace where employees are supported in their career goals and professional development, we provide educational assistance, professional development and support in professional credentials. At Straughan, we understand the needs of our workforce. We are committed to continuously evolving and creating practices and policies that meaningfully address the needs and desires of our team. At Straughan we invest fully in you as a whole person. Here are some of the ways we strive to support all of our team– We care about your overall well-being and health— Straughan offers group benefits to include medical, dental and vision coverage. We invest in your continuous learning and development and understand that this is a cornerstone to our success. We understand the importance of recharging and replenishing yourself, so we provide new employees with 15 days of Paid Time Off. We care about your financial future and will provide up to three percent at 100% employer contribution and an additional 50% for another 2% of your match salary to our retirement plan. Lastly, we want to protect you and your future, we provide at no cost to you, short-term and long-term disability along with life insurance. We also know that our world is changing and the way we work has too– we continue to strive to provide flexibility and work/life integration options that support you and those you care about.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled – We are an equal opportunity employer –but we are more than that – We are open-minded, and care only about your capability, your drive, and your desire and determination to contribute your gifts and talents fully.
Department: Natural Resources
This is a full time position