Job title: Lead Data Science Librarian
Employment type: Full Time, Contingent hire based on contract award (Second quarter of 2022)
About Tesla Government Inc.:
Tesla is a rapidly growing small business that contracts with the US government to provide research and information management services and technical platforms. Tesla takes a “quality over quantity” approach, working to ensure that we provide exemplary service to our customers. This approach begins with hiring excellent staff.
We look for all-stars and we treat them accordingly. We have a strong team atmosphere and love providing fun opportunities like Friday Trivia (come prepared, our staff whips out all their esoteric knowledge).
The Lead Data Science Librarian will provide support to the technical teams building the Data Access Profile (DAP) and associated API by explaining cataloging and metadata concepts to help streamline access to the data independent of the data type or source.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience with data management, transformation, visualization, analysis, metadata standards, and organization techniques and tools
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience categorizing data and metadata in order to build the metadata application profile
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience of search tools, search results organization and the
implications of metadata organization, indexing and catalog content
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience with NGA imagery and data repositories, products, data types, and uses
- Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience with GIS-related applications and tools
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a full time position