We are growing! Will you be the next member of our team?
The Account Manager establishes, maintains and expands relationships with new and existing customers. The Account Manager represents the entire range of Traffix products and services to customers while managing the day-to-day operations of assigned accounts. Account Managers carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: business development, full cycle order processing; customer service; and carrier recruitment/management
- Prospects new sales opportunities, establishes customer relationships and closes deals
- Manages, services, and grows current customer relationships.
- Manages all sales activities related to assigned customers and target accounts.
- Quotes rates and book loads for assigned customers
- Collects all required paperwork (e.g. Credit Applications) from potential customers and follows up appropriately.
Full Cycle Order Processing
- Ensures all load orders are accurately received and entered into the system
- Negotiates with transportation providers to obtain best rates and most appropriate services
(includes determining appropriate equipment & routing)
- Ensures all required paperwork is accurately completed, electronically filed and communicated to all necessary parties
- Responsible for carrier communications; such as providing detailed pickup and delivery information
- Tracks shipments from pickup through delivery ensuring accurate up to date information is available at all times and communicated appropriately to customers and team member.
- Completes accurate and timely scheduling and dispatching of trucks and rail cars to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Provides up to date information regarding the status of any load as required
- Ensures all pickup and delivery requirements are met to appropriate service levels.
- Communicates any service delays or failures to the customer prior to the occurrence (or as soon as possible)
Carrier Recruitment & Management
- Solicits new carriers to partner with Traffix
- Administers all related paperwork, including reference checks, WSIB confirmation, TMW entry, electronic filing etc.
- Ensures C-TPAT policies are followed when dealing with carriers and/or customers
- Creates and monitors transportation provider benchmark systems to measure service levels.
- Assists drivers on an ongoing basis to find locations, get directions or contact third parties to order to ensure on time deliveries
- Responsible for ensuring driver performance meets or exceeds corporate expectations.
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned or directed by management as necessary to ensure the continued success of Traffix and the Logistics Department.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts, customers, clients, and outside industry contacts
- Strong knowledge of North American trucking regulations and geography
- Assessment techniques such as: examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting
- Strong understanding of dispatch operations in the transportation industry
- Good analytical skills
- Effective planning and organization
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work flexible hour.
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of relevant operations experience
- Experience in the transportation industry required
- Strong knowledge of Traffix products, services and processes required
- Existing network of industry relationships required
- Previous related sales experience preferred
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs