Why work at TRAFFIX? You need to work at TRAFFIX to enjoy our:
- Culture of Respect, Expertise, Collaboration and Entrepreneurship
- Get involved with our Book Club, join one of our Steering Committees, or sign up for one of our employee events such as Game Night, Cooking Classes, and more!
- Work with a team that Supports and Respects each other at a company where Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is a Celebrated!
- Choose your own work environment! TRAFFIX offers fully remote or work-from-home opportunities.
- If you have ideas that you wish someone would listen to - tell us! We love the Entrepreneurial spirit, and we strive for Continuous Improvement!
- Get involved with your community through our partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Enjoy Self Improvement opportunities through our Learning Management System and TRAFFIX Academy; or take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And of course - get paid fairly for your Experience with included Benefits! Sound good? Keep reading and APPLY TODAY!
Traffix is urgently looking to hire an outstanding and experienced Collections Specialist to join our growing accounting team. This is a full-time position based out of Chicago, reporting to our AR Department located in Canada. The Collections Specialist is responsible for resolving overdue bills and collecting payments from the businesses responsible for the debt. They must locate those responsible for unpaid bills and set up acceptable terms of repayment to protect the financial assets of the employer.
- Communicate with customers and account representatives via telephone and email in an assertive and tactful manner to address their overdue payments and determine the reason for the outstanding debt
- B2B AR collections using various collections methods to secure payment of delinquent accounts
- Encourage on-time payments and set up payment plans that can facilitate good credit
- Manage a large portfolio of customers while improving DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) and reducing delinquencies.
- Maintain clear and up to date collection notes
- Reviewing records for accuracy and handling disputes to make sure that account information is entered and maintained appropriately
- Any other duties or projects that may be assigned from time to time
- University degree or College diploma preferably in accounting related field is required
- 5+ years’ experience in a Collections role is preferred.
- Must have experience with Oracle NetSuite.
- TMW (Truckmate) knowledge is an asset.
- Exceptional negotiating, written and oral communication skills is required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Transportation is an asset
- Proven competence in investigating, addressing and resolving client issues in a timely manner
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position