The APPLICATION DEVELOPER will work alongside current application development team and is responsible for the development, implementation, support, and maintenance of Project Controls/Field Operations data applications. Successful candidate must have experience with application and business process development, along with strong communication and presentation skills. Candidate must have a strong work ethic and the ability to commit to the development strategy to ensure application stability and reliability.
- Effectively partner, collaborate, and communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels during design and implementation of solutions
- Support roll-out and adoption of systems and processes throughout the Project
- Analyze application problems and recommend modifications
- Design and build custom applications, scripts, forms and reports for various functional groups using Microsoft development technologies
- Develop application interfaces
- Develop reporting tools, templates, and models to enhance operational decision making, job costing, billing, internal reporting, contract administration, and audit
- Research and evaluate potential technologies for future consideration
- Stay apprised of current technology providers for system updates and new features
- Bachelor's degree or similar diploma/certificate in Computer Science, Computer Information Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Power Platform (Dynamics, PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Microsoft PowerApps Canvas app development
- Query writing and troubleshooting in SQL or experience in Power BI Report Builder
- Azure cloud services, database implementation, function development.
General Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and interpret trends or patterns in complex data
- Ability to learn and master specialized software applications.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, anticipate stakeholder needs, and proactively problem solve with effective solutions
- This position is based on a project site in Kamloops, BC. Extended 6-1 shifts, 12 hours per day to suit seasonal work conditions. Hours and location can and may vary depending on workload and current requirements. Remote work is available intermittently and after an initial period of orientation and probation, on-site in Kamloops would be required for the initial period.
- If you are a non-local employee, you may be eligible for Living Out Allowance, Worker Accommodation and/or Travel Allowance.
The APPLICATION DEVELOPER reports to the Project Control Manager. The position has no supervisory duties.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department: Field Operations
This is a term-project based position
Visit Careers at Surerus Murphy Joint Venture