Company & Property Description
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About The Vanderbilt, Auberge Resorts Collection
Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, a scion of the Vanderbilt family, the property is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the charming waterfront. Come for elegant fireplaces and museum-quality artwork in the lobby entrance, Christy’s Gallery and Snooker Room—along with pampering worthy of any railway baron. In the summer, enjoy exquisite dining on the Garden Terrace and evening drinks along our popular rooftop bar with sweeping views of Newport Harbor.Role Summary
As Porter/Bellman, your job will consists of working with a collaborative hotel team that takes pride in excellence and is a great steward of our culture, in accordance with the high quality standards and objectives established by the company while ensuring the highest customer experience for the guests.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Greet and respond in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guest by providing accurate and timely information and services;
• Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation;
• Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with taxi service and the Airport connections;
• Provide guest transportation as required by hotel's standard operating procedures and driving the shuttle van;
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of the shuttle van;
• Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc. to ensure optimum guest satisfaction;
• Resolve guest complaints and report guest issues immediately to guest services manager;
• Maintain organization of the bell closet, oversee the receiving and shipping of all guest packages;
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the front entrance, lobby areas, and bell closet;
• Inspect all parking areas including: the hotel valet area, employee lot to ensure proper parking procedures are being followed;
• Assist with making arrangements for group parking when requested by sales
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the General Manager
- Extensive experience in similar position in a luxury boutique hotel.
- Hospitality or Tourism degree.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and customer oriented
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Guest Services
This is a hourly positions position