Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Summer 2021 has marked a new era for this historic downtown mansion. With newly reimagined interiors, The Vanderbilt is the modern and stylish destination of Newport. From an airy glass conservatory to a rooftop bar with unforgettable views and a tavern-inspired dining room that opens out onto a sun-dappled, ivy-covered garden. The Vanderbilt is crackling with Gilded Age glamour. Originally built in 1909 by Alfred Vanderbilt of the wealthy Vanderbilt family, The Vanderbilt is a vintage Newport mansion meticulously restored to its former glory, just minutes from the vibrant Newport waterfront.
The Housekeeping Supervisor acts as an ambassador for The Vanderbilt by providing management support to the Rooms Management team. He/she ensures that all day to day department operations are well performed, Bespoke amenities and experiences as well as any other Front Office service as required.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
Consistently ensures that all Auberge Resorts Collection standards, policies and procedures are properly understood, implemented and monitored throughout the Housekeeping team
Providing direction to the housekeeping employees and acting as a mentor for the staff and a point of reference for the guests.
Is fully knowledgeable about the hotel facilities and its services
Engages positive communication and relationships with guests and employees of all departments, cooperating and coordinating teamwork with hotel departments as necessary.
- Ensures that any guest preferences (e.g. Bespoke Options and/or Experiences) are recorded on the Opera guest history page and are correctly introduced to the appropriate departments for follow-up.
- Handles guest complaints and comments as appropriate, ensuring follow up and high customer care is provided, taking appropriate action to resolve any dissatisfaction.
- The ideal candidate possesses 3 years experience in luxury hospitality. Superior professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well groomed, able to maintain appropriate standards of discipline, hygiene, appearance, posture and attitude.
- Ability to relate to all levels of management, colleagues and guests.
- Positive attitude, team focus, enthusiasm, excellent customer service skills with a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language are essential requirements.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs.
- $17 - $20 per hour commensurate with experience
- $1500 Bonus in your first year!
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Department: Guest Services
This is a management position
This is a hourly positions position