Title: Part-Time or Full-Time Contracted Massage Therapist
Reports to: Wellness Curator and General Manager
Location: The Vanderbilt, Newport, RI
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook and Pinterest: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Inspired by the insatiable wanderlust and rebellious spirit of Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, the historic downtown mansion once owned by the businessman and scion has been reinterpreted for the modern era as a lively and stylish social destination. From a secret bar tucked into a corner of the sumptuous Doris Duke-inspired parlor to the specially-commissioned series of mysterious and moody old world still lifes sprinkled throughout the foyer and lounge, the scene at The Vanderbilt is crackling with coastal curiosities and alluring eccentricities waiting to be discovered.
Join our team as a contracted Massage Therapist for The Vanderbilt, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by ensuring outstanding treatments at all times.
The Massage Therapist performs professional massages and body treatments to our Guests with unparalleled personalized service, professionalism and exceptional knowledge in the field of the healing arts while ensuring high levels of customer service are achieved and maintained throughout their stay at The Vanderbilt.
- Support our urban boutique spa through the consistent use of the Auberge Spa standards and procedures to ensure full guest satisfaction
- Provide consistent high quality treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointment schedule after completing each treatment
- Escort guests to and from treatment room and attend to any immediate needs throughout the Spa visit
- Have the ability to courteously interact and answer all spa and hotel related questions with guests
- Maintain professional ethics while ensuring personalized service is provided to each guest so they feel their needs are met
- Ensure guest comfort and safety throughout the treatment. Always inquire about allergies to specific products and sensitive areas of the body
- Ensure treatment room is clean to standards at all times as well as cleanliness of all other spa areas including locker rooms
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost control
- Report dysfunctional equipment to the Chief Engineer
- Report any issues or incidents of dissatisfaction from the guest perspective
- Maintain and assist in inventory of supplies as required by the Wellness Curator
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
- Maintain current professional licenses
- Valid Massage Therapy Certification from a recognized school of massage
- Current Rhode Island state massage license
- AMTA Insurance or comparable
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs
- Two years of experience in practicing massage therapy preferred
- Additional certificates for specialty treatments and body treatments preferred and appreciated
- Ideal candidate possesses a thorough knowledge of numerous holistic concepts, spa trends and massage modalities, as well as a general understanding of body treatments
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please share with us why you want to become part of our collection.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a seasonal positions position