Join the White Barn Inn as a Licensed Massage Therapist and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Spa team you will be responsible for performing professional massages and body treatments for our guests with unparallelled personalized service while providing professionalism and exceptional knowledge in the fields of the healing arts.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide consistent high quality treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices and as taught by the treatment supervisor.
- Escort guests to and from the treatment room and attend to any immediate needs throughout the spa visit.
- Ensure all areas of the spa are immaculate at all times, including but not limited to treatment rooms, back of house space, reception, and retail space.
- Stock treatment room after use ensuring that rooms are properly stocked at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of all spa treatments, retail products, and hotel amenities to promote all hotel and spa services and respond to any guest questions.
- Follow all sanitization and sterilization procedures as required by law and/or spa policies.
- Properly care for all equipment and report any dysfunctional equipment to the spa supervisor
- Ensure cost control by using the proper amounts of product.
- Maintain professional ethics while ensuring personalized service is provided to each guest to meet all guest needs.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, programs, promotions, home care programs, and retail to guests.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and contribute to a quality work environment.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Maine Massage Therapy License
- In depth knowledge of holistic concepts, spa trends, massage modalities, and body treatments
- Experience or training in deep tissue massage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule according to department needs
- Must be available to work 12:00pm-8:00pm or 2:00pm-8:00pm.
- 2+ years experience in a luxury spa environment
SKILLS, ATTITUDES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and ability to perform under pressure
- Keep Guests and Members confidentiality
- Maintain loyalty to White Barn Inn and Spa by not soliciting business or exchanging personal information with Guests and Members.
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Manual dexterity, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, and bending required.
Our Company & Our Property
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The White Barn Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The White Barn Inn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the White Barn Inn complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position