Join our team as a Laundry Attendant and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you will be responsible for laundering all the linen in a timely and organized manner.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Receive and organize dirty linen from the hotel and sort in order of washing requirements
- Wash all linens according to individual specifications of each different linen type
- Know and use the appropriate type and amount of chemicals to ensure sanitation and avoid deterioration of the material
- Fold and organize the clean and dry linen, inspecting each piece of linen for stains or “wear and tear.”
- Iron any necessary items
- Know and understand the equipment used in order to complete the cycle of cleaning, drying, and ironing
- Housekeeping or laundry experience highly preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays according to department needs
Our Company & Our Property
A beloved local landmark for over 150 years, White Barn Inn is synonymous with warm New England hospitality, rustic charm and uncompromising attention to detail. Constructed in the 1860s, White Barn Inn’s original farmhouse has offered superb hospitality since the days of the Civil War. It has operated as the White Barn Inn since 1973. In October 2018, White Barn Inn was acquired by Auberge Resorts Collection, a unique portfolio of the world’s best-loved boutique luxury hotels and resorts. Just a 90-minute drive north of Boston, the inviting property is renowned as one of the country’s most distinctive getaways and features several room types, a pool, massage and spa treatments, gardens and a prime location near the sandy beaches and classic coastal town of Kennebunkport, Maine.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The White Barn Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The White Barn Inn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the White Barn Inn complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position