Westland Insurance Group Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Alberta Commercial Operations to provide operational leadership to support the branch network of the Alberta Commercial team in achieving its goals; based from our Calgary AB, East Village Office. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your leadership experience and business acumen to build a high performing team in this growing segment of our business.
Westland is one of the largest independent insurance brokers in Canada with over 900 employees across 80 offices throughout Alberta & BC. We have experienced rapid expansion in the past 5 years and are positioned to continue on this growth path
The Opportunity:Reporting to the Senior VP, Commercial, you will provide direction on operational matters in the Alberta market including, but not limited to, client service, satisfaction and retention; sales; claims resolution; employee attraction, retention, engagement and development. Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Head Office commercial team to ensure an understanding of commercial strategies and overall Westland strategy when implementing Alberta market strategies.
- Creating and implementing internal processes, ensuring a consistent approach and efficiency.
- Developing and maintaining market relationships, including managing key accounts
- Maintaining profitability as it relates to AB Commercial.
- Reviewing and monitoring reports for key performance indicators.
- For new acquisitions within Alberta, ensuring appropriate training and staffing levels to support the transition.
- Fostering a collaborative team environment that is client focused and demonstrates commitment to excellence in the insurance industry
- Maintaining a high level of industry knowledge and technical skills.
- Actively participating in professional associations related to insurance, staying at the forefront of the profession and networking to support the company goals.
- Conducting annual performance reviews for all direct reports and ensuring reviews are being completed for all Commercial employees within Alberta.
- Leveraging relationship skills and mentoring to manage groups and motivate teams to work together to deliver results.
- Working collaboratively with the VP People & Performance on matters related to attraction, retention, engagement, performance management and development of talent.
- Convening and leading regular meetings with commercial employees to cascade key information and ensure initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Supporting special projects and key initiatives as directed by the SVP Commercial.
Here's what you Bring:
- A minimum of 10 years of related and progressive experience in Commercial Insurance.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management in the insurance industry.
- Insurance broker level 2 license, CAIB and/or CIP designation- coupled with deep knowledge of insurance and risk management related issues.
- A proven track record of team building and leadership in creating a client focused culture.
- Demonstrated ability to establish vision, drive change and deliver results.
- Analytical and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams to develop, deliver, operationalize, document, and support solutions.
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job.
What we offer:
- Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Expenses paid including car allowance
- Company supplied cellular phone and laptop
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs