Westland Insurance Group Ltd is growing and has a new opportunity for an Insurance Advisor - Trainee (FT or PT) in our Mission, BC office (doing business as Meier Insurance). Do you love to provide exceptional customer service? If so, you will love working for Westland! We are looking for a career minded individual who is focused on growing their insurance industry knowledge and experience.
Westland is one of the largest independent insurance brokers in Canada with over 900 employees across 80 offices throughout Alberta & BC. We have experienced rapid expansion in the past 5 years and are positioned to continue on this growth path.
The Insurance Advisor is an integral part of a team and will be the first point of contact for customers. In this hybrid role you will also work to develop vehicle dealer client and referral relationships through exceptional customer service including response times and time/appointment management as well as fastidious attention to detail with respect to all documentation associated with the transactions.
The role will:
- Engage with clients to determine their needs and provide expert advice to ensure the best coverage for them
- Develop new business opportunities by securing expiry dates and cross selling
- Support clients in the claims process
- Work with the dealerships to provide insurance coverage to their customers
Here’s what you bring:
- High School graduate
- Insurance Broker level 1 license preferred but willing to train
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships and functioning as a part of a team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion are important qualities
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job
What we offer:
- Base salary plus commission
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs