Are you an organizer and communicator who thrives on bringing together talented people and enabling them to do amazing things together? Do you want to be part of shaping and growing a wildly successful business, having your input valued on company culture and values, vision and purpose, process, and goals? Would you like to work in an environment where your reward is clearly connected to your performance and contribution, where the challenges are significant but the opportunity is great, and the bureaucracy and bull is put in its place? Finally, can you demonstrate success in running large Government Contracts as a Program Manager?
Then please, keep reading. You will be expected to manage multi-disciplinary consulting and outsourced program division support of 30-80 team members. As a Xentity Program Manager you will work with Senior executives to achieve definition and delivery of key program delivery and transition milestones.
You will be key to client and team success, effectiveness, and satisfaction.
- You will challenge your team members and they will challenge you, and you will all benefit from the results.
- You will get the support you need to solve problems, learn and grow and realize your own potential.
- In the process, you will have an important role in building a business and project management practice.
The work is expected to be at a Government "Earth Agency" (agencies involved in air, land, water, energy, science, remote sensing, mapping, or the like supporting resource management or studies). Solutions will be the face of the clients end services, products, and internal core high-tech processes within their program, and you'll be able to look back and see you are the "glue" who helped lead achieving true impact at this organization. ? Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure clear project purpose, objectives, and value proposition with team and client stakeholders
- Proactively manage issues and risks and clear obstacles to team success
- Manage change to balance scope, schedule, budget to optimize results
More specifically, Government contracts will require:
· Generating monthly reports, Helping gather report information from team, Handling setting up meetings, Reviewing checklists for deliverables, capture notes, document processes , prepare meeting agendas and schedule team meetings, prepare project documentation, coordinate project logistics, and similar forms as a project management assistant.
· Requires strong note taking skills or fast electronic capturing, support client-facing information gathering sessions such as stakeholder interviews and other customer interaction.Expected to be self-motivated, accountable, and able to handle failure while building upon success. Plus other common project management tasks - publication, format, edit, publish, package, checklist, graphics. The position will support multiple projects at once - external or internal - where possible.
· The position could also successfully handle delegation to lead internal team meeting agenda, Participate in planning and strategy sessions, manage small project tracks (2-3 team members) including coordinating dependencies and define the critical path of a project
· Must be able to lead change while being flexible and resilient with capable conflict management experience. Problem Solving must be a core capability.
· Technical Management analysts can provide management planning and governance support including Capital Planning and Investment Control Modeling and understanding of the pros and cons of the traditional and latest business operating models and facilitation and coordination in Working Groups and Team environments. Can track and support status and tracking using Agile Project Management techniques with capability to train and execute.
· Technical management can lead a system definition, design, implementation, modernization, consolidation, or austerity team. Can perform SETA or IV&V tasks. Can augment support for executive business intelligence.
· Business Management analysts can provide analytical support to planning, strategy, project management, and related technical teams, prepare analysis reports, perform information gathering and needs analysis via stakeholder interviews and other customer interaction. Can also performance technical and business analysis in support of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), support culture impact, organization readiness assessment, or other cross-cultural/business/technical impact analysis to organization due to new transformation efforts.
· Business management can lead a transformation, governance, research, communication, or program management office. Role can perform specific tasks such as facilitating Requirements Development Process. Concept Selection Process, Technology Development Process, Core Management Skills & Processes, Risk & Opportunity Management, Market Research (including socio-economic considerations), Communications Management
· Provide feedback regarding management strategy and process. Track project metrics and provide feedback for process improvement
· The position must be capable to lead team meetings with clients in project tracks up to 10 people.
· Communicate and influence at client management and director level to help in proper framing of issues for escalation.
· Support via facilitation a client executive team to through conceptual, vision, and recommendation exercises or presentations
· Lead multiple sub-project teams of up to 20 people
· Must be able to leverage diversity of input and client interactions and help in developing others. Provide strategic direction for project. Be decisive and have entrepreneurship as core competency. Be able to understand political and cultural surroundings, and influence and help in negotiating what is required to accomplish recommendations. Must be familiar in working in mixed team environments (i.e. company, subcontractor, client). Apply their strong analytical and communication skills to support strategy teams. Proactively resolve issues and mitigate project risks. Lead clients and team through project reviews / quality assurance activities
· Demonstrable accomplishments in managing Government Contracts, program staffing, onboarding, supervisory, and transition large programs
· Demonstrate strong Agile PM capabilities to set up project for success (initial plan, all initial meetings with team & client coordinated, etc)
· Successful execution of project plan
· Capability to rapidly grasp and increase on of subject matter specifics working with architects, client, and team
We expect extremely high scores on our leadership competencies as you will be responsible for introducing major change. We expect you to be keenly interested in change motivation approaches, have researched our leadership and management competencies, and have clear demonstration of such demonstrating you are built as a change agent.
Our goal would for your personal brand to grow to that level of trusted advisorship as well.
You will work directly with our Senior Program Manager who has been delivering successful projects for twenty years. You will coordinate with your peer experts Architects framing the Conceptual and Project direction in fields such as geospatial, earth science, energy, remote sensing, and project solutions in Big Data, Visualization, and large IT Transformations. Both roles enjoy mentoring, collaboration, and making appropriate decisions and as quite familiar with these client strategies, tactics, protocols, and solutions that will be successful. Our client base enjoys the value these two bring, and have made repeated requests for support for them and their teams over the years.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- at least 7 years of experience relevant to strategy, business, or technical consulting and strong familiarity with client subject matter or domain and have demonstrated deep expertise in strategic visioning for organizations.
- Familiar with Natural Resource Management and Science Mission space - Planning, Policy, Land Management, State and International Issues/Topics with Federal Government in Natural Resources Management. (i.e. experience in NEPA)
- Preferred to have previous experience supporting high-tech and scientific programs, preferably government related, AND experience in IT Management
- Agile PM experience
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Must have demonstrable accomplishments in managing Government Contracts, program staffing, onboarding, supervisory, and transition large programs
- Strong familiarity with FAR, Compliant Communication, and Supervisory/HR/EEO legal requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate fast, quality typing
- MUST have rapid workshop planning lifecycle experience – planning, logistics, facilitation, vision building, collaboration, and rapid transition planning.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time in US, possible AK/HI
- Must be able to pass basic NACI
- Have a home office with frequent on-site presence
- Must be able to pass background, drug and reference checks
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local
We do NOT currently have an opening.
We review our requirements quarterly and this could change. We like to plan ahead in finding amazing talent.
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. Check out www.xentity.com to learn about our focus, services, clients, missions, values as well as our excellent benefits package and career information.
We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really delivery for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Our President has a vision to continue to focus on solutions that transform the Next Generation. Using data integration, knowledge solutions, and amazing increases in computing to impact energy, geosciences, land management, we can bring quality and simplifications to existing and new data flow! Imaging being on a team that brings advanced concepts like high performance computing, AI, data science, fuzzy logic, changing interfaces human-computer points mobile or augmented reality and many more disruptions. This truly can put the I back in IT and GIS.... by concentrating on pragmatic knowledge-first data designs, leadership and management, and the all too forgotten focus on outreach and engagement strategies and solutions.
More can be found at careers.xentity.com
This is a management position
This is a senior consultant position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs