Does the idea of connecting your technical skills with improving shopping experience appeal to you? Do you have the interest, skills, and passion to improve consumer experience by providing real time data intelligence and cloud services? Does the challenge of designing, scaling and tuning a SaaS cloud service with millions of transactions per day excite you? If so, you don’t want to miss out being part of our innovative, fun-loving and hard-working team. We immerse ourselves in cutting edge technologies, and are currently looking for a hands-on architect to round out our team.
- Clarify, distill and translate business requirements into robust, concrete and scalable architecture.
- Collaborate closely with other architects and engineers to create a convincing and cohesive overall architecture.
- Present, document, and influence proposed technologies and architecture.
- Articulate strength of proposed technologies and architecture, and how they fulfill business needs.
- Assist product management and user interface design in achieving the optimal balance in user experience and backend performance.
- Clearly communicate the tradeoffs of various technologies and approaches to stake holders.
- Review technical designs and implementations by engineering team to ensure consistent architecture.
- Spontaneous and prompt troubleshooting of high traffic volume production search engine (e.g. SolrCloud), data queues (e.g. Kafka), and big data stores (e.g. Cassandra).
- Ability to provide quick and calculated-risk solutions (tactical or strategic) to fight urgent production fires.
- Successful track record in high traffic production environment involving technologies like SolrCloud, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Production proven operational skills, including troubleshooting, scaling, disaster recovery, backup/restore, and cloud deployment.
- Excellent knowledge of web and network technologies.
- Good knowledge (APIs, sizing, and operation, monitoring) of SolrCloud, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Hands-on experience in designing, implementing and deploying SolrCloud, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Experience in Java development on Unix environment.
- Implemented cross-region replication and disaster recovery.
- Experience in best-of-bread monitoring tools for SolrCloud, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Experience in full regression and load testing for SolrCloud, Kafka and Cassandra.
- Understanding of tradeoffs of alternate technologies.
- Experience with other NoSQL datastore, search engine, or Apache Spark.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, medical and flexible spending accounts. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing technology focused organization, please apply today!
YouTech is the largest digital offer network in North America, providing a suite of tailored solutions that help retailers engage shoppers and thrive in the digital age. YouTech's platform powers meaningful, retailer branded experiences with omni-channel reach, seamlessly integrating into existing strategies to deliver measurable results and industry leading redemption rates. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, YouTech's platform has processed more than 8 billion digital offer downloads to date.
Visit www.youtech.com to learn more.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position