Do Something Meaningful, Work for Allied! We are looking for a creative and energetic person to assist individuals with intellectual disabilities in developing janitorial skills to obtain and maintain employment on their own. Floor care experience a must.
JOB DETAILS - Custodian - Job Coach
- Full time human service position supporting and assisting persons with disabilities with on the job training
- Provides transportation (using agency vehicles) for the custodial work crew
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities/developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience using custodial equipment (floor buffers) and floor technician experience very helpful.
- Hours will range between 7am-5pm Monday-Friday (40 hr work week)
- HS diploma and clean driving record required.
- To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this youtube video.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers.
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age
- Clean driving record required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
keywords: Direct Care, Caregiver, Life Skills, Human Services, Janitor
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs