Give back to your community by working for a non-profit -- Allied! We're looking for people with payroll and general bookkeeping experience to work with us in managing multiple small household employers. Full time position, first shift, Monday-Friday hours.
JOB DETAILS - ACCOUNTING CLERK
- Full Time. Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
- Work location: East Windsor, CT
- Sets up, activates and processes changes relating to direct deposits, pre-notes and account verifications.
- Verifies information related to setting up accounts.
- Prepares and verifies check registers.
- Processes garnishment inquiries and notifications..
- Prepares and enters journal entries and entries for the general ledger
- Processes Pay card applications and verifies information for set up in payroll
- Performs any other clerical tasks and special projects as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess a demonstrated history of reliable work habits.
- Previous experience in in payroll and general bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with automated accounting system.
- Associate degree in Accounting or other business-related field strongly preferred or at least 3 years of work experience in general accounting.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in the completion of complex accounting tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with elderly persons and individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Handles multiple-priorities; and works productively in a team environment and be willing to travel statewide for home visits to consumers.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please click below to use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs