Looking to make a difference? Whether you are interested in looking to start a career in Human Services, working in a helping profession, or supplement your income, a position in Allied's Community Living Program for adults with disabilities can be rewarding, interesting and fulfilling. We are looking for part time/per diem staff to work in our program. Make a difference in someone's life today! Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
Direct Support Professional - Relief - Per Diem Job Details
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver is responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled individuals living in their home.
- Great opportunity available to join our growing, stable and highly regarded organization, obtaining human services experience while making a difference in the lives of others. You'll work to encourage individuals to identify their strengths, develop and practice new skills, and actualize their hopes and dreams.
- We all work as part of a team to provide support, supervision, skills training and community experiences for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Relief Staff positions allow employees the flexibility of accepting hours based on their availability. All positions may include some weekends and holidays, and require flexibility to meet program needs.
Competency Requirements - Direct Support Professional - Relief - Per Diem
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
Direct Support Professional - Relief - Per Diem Job Requirements
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- 21 years of age
- High school diploma
- Clean driving record required.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is highly desired.
- Afternoon, Evening and Weekend hours available
- $13.00/hr to start
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a per diem position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs