Lend a hand to individuals with disabilities while using your organizational skills! Allied Community Resources, Inc. is looking for an individual able to manage multiple priorities with high attention to detail to confirm program eligibility and prior authorizations for State of CT Programs for Home Care Services.
JOB DETAILS - Eligibility - Medical Billing Specialist
- Confirms individual eligibility status of program participants. Tracks and reports ongoing program eligibility.
- Communicates with outside agencys and works collaboratively to resolve issues with eligibility.
- Confirms that required prior authorizations are complete and accurate.
- Acts as liaison between internal departments for investigation/resolution of eligibility issues.
- Performs database/log maintenance of notes and results, documenting actions taken to resolve eligibility issues.
- A college degree in a related field or 2-3 years related experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines by prioritizing correctly.
- High attention to detail, ability to analyze data for patterns, inconsistencies, omissions, and compile results of analysis.
- Experience with/knowledge State of Connecticut Department of Social Services program regulations, payroll tax related documentation and Medicaid regulations helpful.
- Pre-employment criminal background and driver license checks are required.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in the completion of complex tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers and subordinate staff with a high level of respect, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple-priorities.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with co-workers, service providers and employees of the State of CT with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
$30,000 - 31,200/year
Allied Community Resources in East Windsor provides financial management services to the State's Department of Social Services for Medicaid waiver and pilot programs. This corporation also serves as vendor fiscal agent for self-directed and waiver programs administered by Connecticut's Department of Developmental Services as well as for the Alabama Department of Senior Services. Through these programs, Allied is helping nearly 5,000 individuals with disabilities achieve and maintain the level of independence necessary to stay in their own homes and to live in their communities. Allied processes more than $120 million in invoices and payroll for consumers and home-based employers. The division provides initial and advanced training to more than 5,000 caregivers and employers every year. ACR also conducts community outreach across the entire state to recruit providers for the waiver and pilot programs.
Apply via our online application, below. Thanks for your interest in Allied Community Resources, Inc.
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs