Full Time, management position with Superior Benefits Package! We're looking for a manager to provide case management, direct services, staff supervision and overall leadership in a group home for persons with Intellectual Disabilities in South Windsor, CT.
Job Details - Residential Manager - Direct Support Professional
Group Home Program Manager - Full Time
- The Human Service Manager direct support professional is responsible for the implementation of the Individual Plan that outlines direct services to adults with developmental disabilities living in a community residence - group home. These services include providing choices regarding service provision, daily care, instruction, and assistance.
- Position Location: Group Home in East Windsor, CT
- Oversees documentation procedures, training, assistance and choices to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Oversees a staff of seven direct service professionals including evaluating, commending and disciplining performance
- Provides and oversees all transportation for residents
Competency Requirements - Residential Manager - Direct Support Professional
- Demonstrates excellent communication and staff supervision skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people
- Exhibits the ability to become State of CT certified to administer medications, and maintain that certification throughout employment.
- Completes work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to professionally interact and communicate with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Performs the job at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age.
- Pre-employment check of criminal background and driving record.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
- Experience preferred in leadership and supervision of program staff, coordination of services and Case Management
- Affordable Health Insurance Plan
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs