Progressive and well respected non-profit Allied Community Services of Enfield, CT is seeking a flexible and creative person who can assist people with disabilities in finding community based employment. Full time position with benefits.
JOB DETAILS - Supported Employment Specialist - Job Developer - Social Worker
- Using networking and outreach, the Supported Employment Specialist is responsible for initiating, developing, and maintaining relationships and partnerships with the business community for the purpose of securing employment and other opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Travels to multiple locations daily. May transport program participants using agency vehicle.
- The Supported Employment Specialist educates and works with the business community in north central Connecticut to find the best job matches, based on business needs and the strengths, interests, preferences and support needs of the individual with disabilities.
- Full time position. Hours are generally weekdays but some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, oral and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and direction.
- College degree in related field or comparable combination of education and related experience is strongly desired.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities and job development strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employers and program participants.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in the completion of complex tasks
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Affordable Health and Dental Insurance
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Free Life Insurance
$38000 - $40000
ABOUT OUR AGENCY
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs