Allied Community Services, human services/social services non-profit agency in North Central Connecticut is looking for creative and energetic staff to provide assistance to individuals with intellectual disabilities in their own homes. Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
JOB DETAILS: Direct Support Professional - Community Supports - Life Skills
- Per diem, entry level social work position, varied day, evening and weekend hours.
- Provides training and assistance to adults with IDD Developmental Disabilities according to the Individual's Program Plan.
- Serves as a role model to the individual supported
- Assists with learning, improving, and/or retaining life skills
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
- Provides transportation using own car during program hours.
- Demonstrates clear and concise writing and report skills.
- Exhibits professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and family members.
- Ability to complete work related tasks in a complete and timely.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Ability to make recommendations and implement behavioral interventions for persons with behavioral challenges.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma/G.E.D, 21+ years of age and clean driving record required.
- Provides a history of reliable work habits.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule.
- Top consideration given to those with motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this youtube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a per diem position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs