Come help us help others! Allied has a Full Time 1st shift position with a Great Time Off Benefits Package including options for affordable Health, Dental and Vision Insurance. You'll provide assistance to individuals with intellectual disabilities in both a community residence and a day program. Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
Job Details - Residential Counselor - DSP
Direct Support Professional - Full Time
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver is responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities living in a community residence and attending day program.
- Position Location: Group Home in South Windsor, CT; Day Program Enfield, CT
- Full Time 45 hour position 6:30AM - 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
- Provides transportation utilizing agency vehicles.
- Provides individualized training, assistance and choices to individuals with intellectual disabilities as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
Competency Requirements - Residential Counselor - Direct Support Professional
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to become State of CT certified to administer medications, and maintain that certification throughout employment
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with individuals with disabilities professionally and with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required.
- A history of reliable work habits.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience and motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Successful experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, physical and behavioral needs.
- Affordable Health Insurance Plan
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time Off
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube video.
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs