The Business Data Analyst will act as a bridge between the technology departments and the business departments of the company. This position is responsible for querying data, performing comprehensive analysis, and communicating and/or visualizing data for end user consumption. In addition, the Business Data Analyst is responsible for improving the existing process, products, services and software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Core Competencies)
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information, using statistical formulas and computers or calculators.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Check source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Develop software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Able to recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Possess experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver data in a meaningful and useful manner to business stakeholders.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree required; focus in analytics, data science, statistics or related field, preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Data Analytics, required.
- 1 year of experience using SQL required.
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx or any other BI/Data visualization tools is a strong plus.
- Experience with data warehousing is a strong plus.
- Previous health care experience is a strong plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work in an office environment; sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; use hands to grasp and reach; occasionally stoop or kneel; see, hear, and speak with sufficient acuity to successfully perform all aspects of the job; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; lift up to ten pounds of weight.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs