Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for greeting and orienting members and guests as they arrive to use the fitness facilities. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the fitness center and wellness studio as well as ensuring that guests are following the posted regulations regarding behavior in those areas. The Fitness Attendant will work closely with all staff, supervisors and managers to ensure quality control
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain fitness facilities by completing cleaning checklist every hour. Wipe down equipment between each usage, ensure water and hand sanitizer dispensers are full. Maintain fully stocked gym towels and ear buds/head phones
- Ensure a smooth flow of business and a high level of guest satisfaction. Be present in the fitness area spa with guests and members 5 days a week and uphold the reservations system to ensure we do not exceed approved capacity.
- Explain and promote all fitness facilities, services and activities.
- Ensure the equipment in the Wellness Studio and Fitness Center is operating efficiently. Report maintenance issues to Engineering team, copying Executive Director of Spa. Work with Engineering department to ensure that all systems are in excellent working condition as per our Elements evaluation sheet.
- Circulate on floor to assist members and guests with basic functions of equipment.
- Convey all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff members and Solage guests to the Executive Director of Spa.
- Responsible for maintaining helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Remain calm, centered and focused despite surroundings or personal circumstances to serve as a model for all spa associates.
- Responsible for adhering to Solage associate handbook guidelines and Spa Solage Policy/Procedure manual.
- Responsible for adhering to Solage core values.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in professional image and service by reporting to work in appropriate attire, on time and well groomed.
- Ability to demonstrate and model outstanding guest service and communication skills.
- Experience solving guest issues and creating positive solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and national holidays as needed.
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and also to work independently.
- Professional appearance & demeanor.
- Competent spoken English
- Familiarity with gym equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, SpaSoft and Excel.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.