Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
The Area Revenue Analyst will be responsible for the execution of revenue strategies (rate changes, restrictions, package and promotion creation) across all distribution channels. The Area Revenue Analyst will develop, prepare, and monitor revenue reports that will assist the Area Director of Revenue Strategy in implementing the hotel’s yield strategies. The Area Revenue Analyst will work with the revenue generation team(s) in the areas of pricing, distribution channel strategy, and digital marketing to meet the hotel’s financial objectives.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Accurate preparation and distribution of daily, weekly, and monthly revenue reports (pace, segmentation, channel, etc.).
- Ensuring all rates are loaded & bookable, and inventory management is correct across all distribution channels.
- Perform regular rate audits and maintenance on all systems (PMS, CRS, RMS, sales and catering, channel managers) to ensure content and information is correct.
- Assist in the preparation of short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Review and analyze revenue reports and present revenue opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the Area Director of Revenue Strategy to implement an effective revenue strategy.
- Work with regional and home office teams to develop and execute a results-driven action plan
- Creation and execution of a demand-based pricing strategy by room accommodation.
- Deep understanding of hotel’s defined competitive set as well as the resort(s) positioning within those respective sets.
- Work with digital marketing team in the execution of marketing plan aimed at both long-term positioning as well as short-term need generation tactics.
- Create day by day forecasts and budgets as needed
- Work directly with key partners to ensure systems are all optimized (particularly Opera, Infor and Synxis)
- Leverage EZRMS system to identify booking trends by segment, room category, and day of the week and make any system adjustments necessary.
- Be able to influence change and demonstrate a sense of accountability and grow to a level of comfort during all interactions with key stakeholders in an effort to transition to managing their own hotel by year two.
- Act as the Area Director of Revenue in their absence.
- Occasionally lead weekly Revenue Management property level meetings.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- College degree (BS or higher)
- Proficient in Excel (Google Sheets) particularly with high-level macros and key business functions.
- Well-versed in revenue management & distribution technologies (PMS, RMS, CRS)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent worker
- Confidence in influencing key stakeholders on strategy and ability to drive revenue strategy at own hotel within 18-months.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex data from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Ability to understand demand, and leverage predictive modeling tools to implement an effective pricing and distribution deployment
- Must be able to travel 3-4 overnight trips/year for continuing education programs and property visits.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the hospitality industry (preferably revenue management)
- Previous experience in either an area or regional role is preferred but not required
- College degree in hospitality or finance is preferred by not required
- Synxis experience is preferred but not required
- Opera, EZRMS & HMS experience is preferred but not required
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.