Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
The Retail Assistant is responsible for coordinating the flow of all retail merchandise from receiving to the retail floor, ensuring the boutique is consistently well stocked, working on displays and merchandising. The Retail Assistant reorders a wide variety of products including facial and bath products, gifts, accessories, clothing, resort wear and seasonal products. The Retail Assistant supports all sales efforts including trunk shows, in-store and on-line promotions and new product launches. Keeping inventory, tracking invoices and other tasks as needed.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Receive, price, steam and stock merchandise ensuring the boutique is consistently well stocked and attractively merchandised.
- Place reorders with vendors for facial and bath products, gifts, books, accessories, resort wear, clothing and seasonal products. Track status of orders.
- Work with the Director of Spa to select new gift merchandise for boutique. Review new lines and items, make recommendations, obtain photos and product information. Participate and assist in the development of competitive, balanced merchandise assortment plans.
- Work on the sales floor and contribute to sales efforts by increasing daily sales.
- Take monthly inventory, prepare spreadsheet in advance, organize merchandise that is stored. Reconcile inventory errors ensuring accuracy and review with the Director of Spa.
- Process invoices to accounting ensuring all invoices are sent to Spa Manager for delivery to accounting within two days of receipt.
- Act as liaison with vendors to verify the status of open/late purchase orders. Maintain positive, effective working relationships with all vendors.
- Interact effectively with internal colleagues to provide product training and new product launch information in order to achieve department goals.
- Review orders after buying trips, organize PO’s and enter all orders in the retail buying plan.
- Coordinate all returns and exchanges with vendors ensuring that call tag/RA numbers have been requested and received.
- Coordinate all the details of trunk shows with vendors including merchandise assortment, boutique set up and promotion to Solage outlets and social media.
- Work with vendors to identify and recommend promotional opportunities and potential items that will yield a higher markup.
- Review weekly historical transaction report and research discrepancies. Compile statistical information including seasonal and end of year summaries as needed and requested.
- Two to three years of experience in retail including purchasing, merchandising, and inventory
- College course work or degree in retail merchandising strongly preferred.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Available to work holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position