Join our team as a Dinner Cook for Solage, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues. The dinner cook will be working stations such as fry, saute, or veg. They will be responsible for the preparation and execution of their given station, as well as prep lists and closing duties.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Utilize a variety of cooking styles, times and temperatures: Whole Roast, Quick Sear, Sous Vide, Slicer etc. Sophisticated protein cooking. Minor butchery.
- Consistent excellence in work product in setting up and breaking down a station.
- Organization of stations, workplace cleanliness, sanitation and safety.
- Cook A is responsible for preparing all mise-en-place for a station and working service.
- Speed, Accuracy & Temperature, for all dishes. Displays teamwork with other stations, inter-station timing, communication, and dynamic multi-tasking.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per Executive Chef standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Complete opening duties:
- Set up a workstation with proper tools, mise en place and equipment according to kitchen standards, as necessary.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure that everything complies with kitchen standards.
- Check production schedule and daily pars. Ensure that daily production is organized, prioritized, and on track.
- Inform Sous Chef immediately of any items /supplies needed for the day’s tasks as necessary.
- Rotate and restock any dry goods, fresh products, cooking wines that you use in production in the appropriate areas as per need.
- Ideal candidates will possess prior experience in a high-volume restaurant, preferably one that services a fine dining restaurant.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure, be consistent in presentation, take criticism well and understand the demands of a cooking schedule.
- Candidates must have a flexible work schedule as well and work holidays.
- 2-3 years of experience as line cook, preferred
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in a culinary environment.
- Ability to be flexible with varied schedules, changing job demands.
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the kitchen generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Ability to work in an environment with varying temperature climates (kitchen heat, walk ins, etc.).
The starting pay rate for this position is $21.00 per hour. This is the pay rate for this position that Solage reasonably expects to pay. Decisions regarding individual pay will be based on a number of factors, such as experience and education.
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveler. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic, and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
A century ago, Calistoga was a town centered around its bubbling natural hot springs and the beautiful weather of the Napa Valley. Today, it’s a bucket-list destination for ardent wine lovers, foodies, and wellness seekers for its particularly enviable version of the “good life.” Solage was created to reflect its hometown spirit, drawing visitors as well as area vintners who come here after a day in the vineyards to relax over a glass of wine or a craft cocktail and connect.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of Solage, the Hospitality industry and this position.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Auberge Resorts LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Auberge Resorts LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auberge Resorts LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position