Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About Solage, Auberge Resorts Collection
Solage, Auberge Resorts Collection, redefines “fun” in the heart of California wine country with 100 design-focused and environmentally conscious studios, each featuring complimentary cruiser bicycles for guests use and a 130-foot landmark swimming pool. A local favorite and destination for foodies, the resort is home to acclaimed signature restaurant Solbar, which offers a living menu that has no borders and is guided by the seasons. The award-winning Spa Solage offers 20,000 square feet of health and wellness with 14 treatment rooms, Bathhouse, state-of-the-art gym and a Yoga & Movement Studio with complimentary daily fitness classes.
Join our team as a Food & Beverage Manager for Solage, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by responsible for the leadership, supervision and activities for dining service. The successful candidate is highly energetic, strategic, and front facing. We are looking for a leader who can rally the team and create vibrancy, style and buzz with the product and service. The position requires consistent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Previous food and beverage leadership background in a luxury hotel setting is preferred.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates.
Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Coordinating daily restaurant management operations
- Delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction
- Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Hire, train, and supervise restaurant employees
- Create staff schedule to ensure appropriate staffing
- Track stock levels of food, supplies, and equipment, forecast needs, and oversee ordering as necessary
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service with the ability to guide the team
- The ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and Resy
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills responsible for adhering to budgets, placing orders for products and supplies
- Able to run the business smoothly and treat customers with respect and understanding
- Have patience, remain calm under pressure
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a sense of effective marketing strategies.
- Ensure all employees are working within outlined operating standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leaderships skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage operating costs in accordance with budgets
- Comfortable setting priorities and delegating tasks as needed
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in a food & beverage management role, preferably in a luxury hotel environment
- Food handlers certificate & Responsible Beverage Certification
- Knowledge of various food service styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer training, preferably in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Must have the ability to move/maneuver in an (add department) environment.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend or twist their body.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to your application to speaking with you about becoming part of our family.
Solage is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Solage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solage complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Solbar Restaurant
This is a management position