***This is a Remote/Work From Home Role**** Post-Covid, occasional travel to RI
We are actively recruiting for an accessibility engineer to work as part of our Digital Team. This accessibility engineer will be responsible for ensuring accessibility throughout the design, engineering and QA phases for multiple website development projects.
This role will work with our team of user experience designers, digital project managers, software engineers and quality assurance specialists throughout the lifecycle of a project to ensure successful delivery of accessible digital products. Ideal candidates will have a passion for A11y and inclusive design and thrive on creating useful and usable experiences for all.
Our accessibility engineer will:
- Work with client stakeholders to define unique A11y requirements
- Participate in the design process to advise on accessible design decisions and how they impact/satisfy acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure front-end best practices through code recommendations and/or documentation
- Perform accessibility audits of web pages/sites using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products and manual testing
- Help triage and prioritize accessibility issues and provide guidance for remediation
- Write up audit reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Demonstrate attention to detail in performing manual testing and logging of issues
- Identify opportunities for improving accessibility processes and documentation, including sharing their knowledge with others
- Identify training and documentation opportunities and contribute to process improvements
- Keep up to date with latest developments in the field of accessibility and related standards
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of A11y experience in digital or information technology projects
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Expert ability to interpret and advise on accessibility standards, principles, techniques, and best practices - including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience using assistive technology including screen reader technologies (e.g. JAWS, NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack), magnification tools, read-aloud tools and keyboard testing
- Have working knowledge with the user requirements of people with disabilities and older users, with regard to accessibility of the web
(add)ventures is a multidisciplinary brand culture and communications firm. With offices in Miami, New York and East Providence, (add)ventures has been exceeding the branding goals of industry leading client partners for more than 25 years. We provide the following strategic and creative services: marketing, insights & analytics, design, video & animation, digital services and content creation. Our team is NICE – we’re nurturers with intelligence, character and energy. We solve problems, we make people happy, we love what we do and we love who we do it with.
Sorry, no relocation available. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs