The Content and Campaign Specialist will be responsible for external facing marketing and engagement content to k12 educators. This specialist will work closely with the creative, operations, publications, and sales teams to ensure a comprehensive multi-channel approach is taken in connecting educators to the rich content of ASCD. This position will incorporate a technology-rich approach to engaging and connecting with educators and include advertising, direct mail, social media, email nurture, web & SEO, and events. The right person will understand all these channels and will blend creative and analytical thinking to create content to enhance engagement. The Content and Campaign Specialist reports to the Director, Engagement Marketing, and works to drive an integrated educator experience for all audiences, focusing on the educator journey from interest to advocate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ultimately, the job of the Content and Campaign Specialist is to create and sustain educator engagement around key themes and topics critical to K12. This is an entrepreneurial position focused on developing and executing content strategies that drive a dialog with educators. Primary responsibilities include content creation, persona, and journey mapping, and content/campaign management for educators.
- Responsible for content marketing and campaign assets, both in messaging and overall look/feel.
- Prepare, write and edit copy specific to educator audiences.
- Develop compelling content marketing assets to be used in multi-channel in/outbound campaigns.
- Collaboratively work with Creative Team on graphic components to convey audience messaging.
- Assess the success of the content within campaigns and use data to make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Cultivate positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Works to gain market insight and drive brand preference and market growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of the education field, including education policy and other current issues, is preferred.
- Knowledge of web-based technology and demonstrated use of various tools for research, analysis, and targeted communications.
- Experience creating engaging content across various channels, including email, direct mail, social and advertising.
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to understand what the educator audience needs and how to craft content and strategies that meet them where they are.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
Skills and Abilities
The Content and Campaign Specialist requires a combination of a marketing and client success mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “educator first.” In essence, the Content and Campaign Specialist is responsible for the content marketing and campaign strategy and execution for the ASCD brand.
Specific skills required include:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively across the organization, including the marketing, operations, publications, sales, and creative departments.
- 3+ years of experience in content development.
- Experience in the education market.
- Attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammar, etc.
This position description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Key Position Designation: Certain positions are essential to providing immediate and continuing support for operations or support functions during an emergency or building closure. Employees who hold these positions may be required to work (at their worksite or remotely) when other employees are not required above. Please refer to the General Information section above to determine whether this position is considered a key position.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position